Check NMCI Webmail – Windows 7, Vista, XP:
Here is the link where you can check your NMCI Webmail. All DOD employees and Military Reserve members require a CAC Card Reader if they wish to check their Military email. You will need to install the ACTIV CARD Software if you have a computer with Windows XP and Vista but you do not need the Activ Card Software for Windows 7. Windows 7 has built in drivers and card reader software required to check your email and log in to all CAC enabled Military, Navy and Government Web sites.
These settings are tested to work on Windows 7 Ultimate. Make sure you have to following Internet security settings checked exactly like the pictures below. (Click Pictures for a larger view)
After you have checked the proper settings insert your CAc reader and card . Insert your CAC Reader , Windows will install all the necessary drivers and software automatically. You do not have to install the ActivCard Software. Windows 7 has built in CAC authentication software. Proceed to the steps below.
The web link to NMCI Outlook Web mail is: https://webmail.nmci.navy.mil/exchange
These Instructions are for Windows Vista and Windows 7 -nall versions including Windows 7 starter edition.
Windows XP and some versions of Vista require the use of Activ Software
Updated 8/27/101. Plug CAC reader into PC
1. download dod root and email certs http://dodpki.c3pki.chamb.disa.mil/rootca.html
2. Plug CAC card into reader
3. Check to see if the system can read to certificates on the card
4. Click on the NMCI Web e-mail link https://www.homeport.navy.mil/links/owa-navy-links/
5. When Dialog box opens -> Select your “regular DOD 20 “certificate (Do not select your email cert)
6. Type your CAC Card pin number in the dialog box when displayed ( you should see the NMCI homeport page where you can select your email region or Domain) I am located in the Mid Atlantic Region – Virginia , therefore I choose > https://webmail.east.nmci.navy.mil/exchange/
6a. If you are on a home pc you will be prompted to enter your pin again.. proceed with your pin and your Outlook email will display
7. If you preformed all steps correctly you should be able to access your email account.
Alternate Method Follow previous steps 1 -3 .
4. You can also try to go directly to > https://webmail.nmci.navy.mil/exchangeand select your DOD EMAIL CERTIFICATE when prompted and enter your pin code. The success ratio is 4 out of 10 .
4 a. You can also try going directly to the email domains below ( most people are either webmail.east or webmail.west ) and select your DOD Email Certficate, enter your pin when prompted
|NADSUSEA NCIS COI||https://webmail.ncis.nmci.navy.mil|
|PADS (PACOM SMR Users)||https://webmail.exceptions.pacom.mil|
The most common errors are SSL and Certificate errors. Make sure your certificates are updated in windows explorer. You can access your certs by selecting the Tools menu on Internet explorer 8 or higher > Internet Options > Content > and the Certificate Button
You may also have to > Clear your SSL state (found on the content menu), and deleselect SSL 2.0, leaving only SSL 3.0 selected.
Delete all temporay files and cookies stored on your computer which will refresh your browser .
Follow the FAQ and close and reopen your browser. Try all methods .
Please support our continuing efforts of providing some of the best stuff on the internet.
This tutorial has been tested and proven to work for thousands of Military members.
This Windows 7 tutorial originated here at nerdynerdnerdz.com not even NMCI knew this workaround. Report your errors here and we will respond to you asap.