Wifi Networks aren’t everywhere and if you are lucky enough to find a Wifi Network, the odds are the Wifi services require a subscription fee. Why would you want to pay a subscription fee if you can get the same results from utilizing your mobile phone and data plan as a internet connection resource. The following steps are based on procedures I discovered while trying to use my At&t Tilt mobile phone 3g connection on a Acer Aspire One loaded with Windows 7 Starter Edition.
1. I first recommend that you connect to a Wifi network and download Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista.(this will have all the necessary drivers )
2. Install Windows Mobile Device Center while your phone is connected to Net-book USB
3. Set up your partnership
4. Windows Mobile 6.1 has a program called WModem on the Communications Manager but I had issues getting my Acer Aspire One to connect and install necessary drivers.
The image below shows an example of the Internet Sharing program that is hidden in your phones Windows folder.
i repeat, You can try to use the WModem program to connect your net-book to the internet but it DID NOT WORK FOR ME ! If it works for you congratulations my work is done……. If not proceed to step 6
6. Open File Explorer on your Windows Mobile Phone
7. Navigate to your Windows folder
8. Locate the file called IntShrUI (you should copy and paste a short cut in your programs folder for quick access
9. Select and Open the IntShrUI file – this will launch the Internet Sharing Program
10. Make sure your phone is connected to your Net-book
11.Under PC connection select USB or Blue-tooth (depending on how your phone is connected to the net-book) I required USB
12. Under Connection choose your Data Connection (It may be selected already) I had Media Net preselected
13. Select the Connect Button when you’re done
Windows will install the necessary drivers , you will have to choose Home Network when Prompted….. and wait a few minutes ….now you have an internet connection on your Net-book using your Windows Mobile Phone.
any problems Post them here and we will answer!